WILLIAMSTOWN -- The Williams men's tennis got off to a blistering start by sweeping doubles play and never looked back, cruising to a 9-0 win over Connecticut College.
With the win the Ephs upped their overall record to 12-0 and their NESCAC ledger to 4-0. Connecticut College fell to 5-6 on the year and 0-4 in NESCAC play.
Will Petrie and Kevin Shallcross gave up only one game at number three, and Felix Sun and Matt Micheli weren't far behind them, losing only two. Finally, Bryan Chow and Trey Meyer gave up three to round out the sweep.
It was more of the same in singles play, as each Eph won in straight sets. Will Petrie was relentless at number 5, taking his match 6-0, 6-0. Bryan Chow was nearly as dominating, taking his match 6-1, 6-1.
Williams will take on Vassar in and out of conference matchup next Saturday at home.
1. Chow/Meyer (W) def King/Cangelosi (CC) 8-3
2.Micheli/Sun (W) def Weisberger/Bader (CC) 8-2
3. Shallcross/Petrie (W) def Decorato/Suneby 8-1
1. Meyer (W) def Weisberger (CC) 6-4, 6-1
2. Sun (W) def Suneby (CC) 6-1, 6-3
3. Weiss (W) def Cangelosi (CC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Chow (W) def King (CC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Petrie (W) def Tueker (CC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Hammond (W) def Nguyen (CC) 6-3, 6-0