WILLIAMSTOWN, MA. – Women’s tennis powered past visiting Connecticut College in their second shutout victory in as many days.
After dominating versus Wesleyan yesterday, the Ephs continued their impressive play into today’s contest, giving only four games to the camels in their six singles matches.
“We [Williams] played very aggressive today,” said Williams head coach Alison Swain. “We worked on a few things, and it was an overall good match for us.”
The Ephs’ doubles play remained solid again, as each Williams pair tallied a win. Cary Gibson and Annie Schneidman played a close match at court one, but held off their opposition, 8-6. In singles play, four Ephs did not relinquish a game. Grace Baljon, Ashley Parsons, Annie Hancock and Katie Freidman were in the zone in 6-0, 6-0 showings.
Williams remains undefeated in NESCAC play with a 4-0 conference record, while their overall record improves to 13-2. With only two matches left to be played in Maine next weekend, the Ephs are beginning to look beyond the regular season.
“We’re going to push ourselves in practice this week to get better,” continued Swain. “We’re starting to look towards postseason play and about where we need to be for that.”
Williams will travel to Bowdoin this Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
Williams 9, Connecticut College 0
1) Cary Gibson/Annie Schneidman (W) def. Elyssa Emsellem/Jessica Bender (CC) -- 8-6
2) Allie Rottkamp/Grace Baljon (W) def. Danielle Coleman/Ryan McManus (CC) --- 8-3
3) Nikki Reich/Annie Hancock (W) def. Rebecca Heupel/Caroline Barone (CC) --- 8-1
1) Baljon (W) def. Heupel (CC) --- 6-0, 6-0
2) Ashley Parsons (W) def. Emsellem (CC) --- 6-0, 6-0
3) Reich (W) def. Coleman (CC) --- 6-0, 6-1
4) Hancock (W) def. Lacey Herchek (CC) --- 6-0, 6-0
5) Katrina Ferrera (W) def. Barone (CC) --- 6-2, 6-1
6) Katie Friedman (W) def. Victoria Leeds (CC) --- 6-0, 6-0