Effective May 8, 2020 the college is opening the recreational tennis courts along Southworth Street and the track at Weston Field for individuals to use at their own risk. We hope this will give members of the campus and local community opportunities for recreation and exercise. In addition to the usual rules governing the use of these facilities, everyone will be expected to practice social distancing and other public health protocols. Please use particular care to maintain a safe distance on the track.
The college’s practice and varsity fields will remain closed to large gatherings, and we continue to discourage team sports activities at those venues, since appropriate social distancing cannot be maintained. Basketball courts, paddle tennis courts, and indoor athletic facilities will remain closed.
For a great many of us, outdoor recreation is an important aspect of daily life, especially in the current environment. Protecting the health and wellbeing of the people around you is also an important thing to do. Please enjoy the recreational opportunities, while helping each other by using them with care and caution. Be safe out there.
Due to Concerns with COVID-19, the Williams College Athletics Facilities will be closed from Friday, March 13th at 9:00 p.m. until further notice.
We apologize for any inconvenience
- Must possess a valid Williams College student, faculty, staff, or recreational I.D. card.
- Recreational members do not have guest privileges.
- Individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted in the fitness center or weight room.
- Individuals 13-15 years of age must be accompanied by an individual 16 years of age or older.
Facility Phone Numbers:
- Athletic Department: (413) 597-2366
- Wet Line: (413) 597-2419
- Ice Line: (413) 597-2433