Out-of season activity is supported as long as it follows NESCAC regulations and is not viewed as a requirement for making a team. All out-of-season activities must be strictly voluntary and should never conflict with any academic obligation.
- Orchestrated activity is not allowed, attendance cannot be taken and no information can be reported back to the coach.
- Any activity located on or off campus must be organized as a “free play “environment where members of the student community are able to participate.
- Facilities off or on campus may not be rented or reserved for the varsity team and there are to be no contests or scrimmages as teams against outside competition.
- Voluntary strength and conditioning programs are permitted.
- Maximum of 5 workout programs may be designed and introduced for student-athletes while out of season.
- Individuals or groups of individuals may pursue workout programs, but not full teams.
- Community service activities and educational programming (leadership education, alcohol and hazing education) are permitted.
- Student-athletes may volunteer to work in sport-based clinics for youth, provided clinics are not conducted when classes are in session and student-athletes work no more than two days in any given sport in an academic year.