Per Massachusetts State Executive Order, masks are now required at all times while outside of one’s own living space.
Limited indoor athletic facilities have been opened for supervised activity including physical education classes and training purposes. We will continue to add indoor recreational opportunities including open swim, climbing wall, indoor walking/jogging in accordance with local safety protocols. In addition, many of the college’s outdoor athletic spaces will be available (see facility hours page) as long as users respect public health rules and state requirements.
Examples of permissible outdoor activities offered at Williams:
Tennis- Please bring your own racquet and balls.
Basketball-Bring your own ball, no pick-up games allowed, one person per hoop
Golf- Hit the links at the Williams College Golf Course, Taconic Golf Club,
Walking, running, biking and hiking- Check out these routes of varying distance and difficulty all leaving from and returning to the Williams campus.
Yoga- Feel free to grab your yoga mat and head outside for your workout
To help protect yourself from COVID-19 while enjoying the outdoors, please remember to:
- Avoid games and activities that require close contact.
- Be careful about what you touch (and don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth) Avoid frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Don’t share equipment such as bicycles, helmets, racquets, balls or frisbees.
- If you get to a place that is already crowded, find another place to go
- Keep your germs to yourself (cough or sneeze into your sleeve, wear a mask, and if you are not feeling well, stay at home)
- Bring your own filled water bottle as water fountains may not be available. Do not share water bottles
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol in these instances:
- When you return indoors,
- before and after eating,
- after using the restroom,
- after coughing or sneezing, and
- after touching surfaces or items that may be contaminated.